Spring Term 2021 Year 5
Welcome to a new term in Year 5. We have lots of new and exciting learning to do. We will travel to Mexico and take a look at how the Maya lived long, long ago! We will be continuing to develop our understanding of science and the wider world, how to develop relationships and how to stay safe.
Grammar and punctuation.
• Developing understanding of using commas for fronted adverbials
• Commas for clarity
• Subordinating conjunctions
• Modal verbs
• Relative clauses
Writing Non-chronological reports, instructions, poetry and a character study
Our topic is based on Mexico and the Maya. This will include DT, Art, Geography and History.
PE (PE days are Monday and Thursday)
• Tag Rugby
• Spellings through the use of Spelling Shed and independent study
• Maths through Times Tables Rock Stars and Maths with Parents
• Reading (Five times per week)
Reading record diaries and reading books should be in school every day. All reading record diaries will be checked on Mondays. On Friday there will be a spelling and Times Table test.
Take a look at these photos of some of the things that Year 5 got up to in the Autumn term